Adding to its award-winning suite of mobile travel products including recently being named the highest ranked full-service travel company in mobile commerce in Internet Retailer's Mobile 400, Orbitz announced the launch of Hotels by Orbitz for Android – a powerful and fast native application that gives customers an intuitive search-and-book experience designed specifically for Android. The free app, available on Google Play, offers travelers helpful comparison tools, secure booking in just three taps and Orbitz Mobile Steals – exclusive, mobile-only discounts of up to 50% off hotel stays in over 240 popular destinations worldwide.
To celebrate the launch of the new Hotels by Orbitz Android app, Orbitz today launched a 72-hour flash sale across all mobile apps. Travelers who book select hotels through Sunday, October 21 will automatically receive an extra 10% savings on thousands of hotels worldwide.1 The instant 10% savings can be combined with other hotel offers available on the app including Orbitz Mobile Steals, Fall Sale, free nights, room upgrades, dining credits and more. There are no travel black-out dates. The 72-hour mobile flash sale is available on the full suite of Orbitz mobile apps including:
• "Hotels by Orbitz" for Android, iPhone, and iPad
• "Orbitz Flights, Hotels, Cars" for iPhone and Android
With Android projected to have 68% of the market share of mobile operating systems by the end of 2012, the Hotels by Orbitz app is offering an effortless way to book a hotel room on-the-go for Android users.2 The new app offers travelers the entire selection of Orbitz hotel properties and highlights include:
• Find hotels near you and available tonight or search for future stays by city, address, zip code or landmark
• Tap into useful information about each hotel including photos, guest reviews by verified customers, special offers, amenities and detailed hotel/room descriptions
• Benefit from Orbitz Price Assurance, which automatically rewards consumers if another Orbitz.com customer books the same hotel stay at a lower rate, the Orbitz Low Price Guarantee and no Orbitz fees on hotel cancellations or changes
"We are thrilled to bring the seamless experience of our new hotels app to consumers taking advantage of the expansive selection of Android devices available now and launching this holiday season," said Chris Orton, president of Orbitz.com. "Orbitz customers are already booking more than 20 percent of hotels through mobile devices and embracing shopping on-the-go with mobile-only deals and a lightning-fast check-out."